#4Change May Twitter Chat Topic: Enterprise 2.0
Bringing web 2.0/social media technologies into the businesses and organizations can be a massively disruptive change. Engaging in Enterprise 2.0 can change workflows, communications, software development cycles, knowledge management, governance models, organizational hierarchy, management styles, culture/sub-culture, worker mentalities, intelligence/research, processes, security protocols, human resources, policies/guidelines, recruiting/retention, pr/marketing and many more aspects of the enterprise. But implementing social business software is only one piece of doing Enterprise 2.0, fundamentally transforming the organization socially and getting end users to adopt the new tools to achieve enterprise wide adoption is where the change challenge happens. Don’t let the marketing hype fool you, the heart of E2.0 is hard radical organizational change.
May #4Change Topic = Enterprise 2.0
The #4Change Topic for May 2010 is Enterprise 2.0! The Twitter chat will occur on Thursday, May 13th 2010 at 5PM EST/2PM PST US. The #4Change Crew would like to welcome a new #4changer we are glad to have on board Megan Murray/@MeganMurray who is going to be co-hosting this twitter chat with Todd/@ZeroStrategist this month. Meg has been leading E2.0 change and doing community management on E2.0 campaigns for years and brings a wealth of hands on change knowledge to the conversation. As always, in keeping with the tradition of these chats we want to keep things open, organic, and dynamic.
Enterprise Social Media (Enterprise 2.0) the use of web 2.0 technologies (Enterprise Rich Internet Applications – ERIA / Software as a Service – SaaS) in the context of the enterprise, for business or commercial purposes.
#4Change May Twitter Chat Questions
- What does changing the enterprise really mean?
- Can we break out of the E2.0 echo chamber to make real and lasting change? What are the best roads to influence?
- How can I reach the tipping point and get social investment from the enterprise?
- What are the real pitfalls in E2.0?
- Where should and shouldn’t we let go of “control” (control/security/IC control)?
- How can I introduce the idea of real cultural change without insulting or alienating the current culture?
- What metrics are important to E2.0 success?
- How can we address the security question?
New to #4Change? Learn More:
To learn more about #4Change monthly twitter chat go to the #4Change Blog, read about #4Change and search twitter for #4Change. To participate just join in twitter conversation from anywhere in the world.